Yelena Gerts, ASID, WCAA
House of Style & Design, owner and
Getting dressed can be an event. The wasted space of what otherwise was a sitting room was transformed into a dressing room that turns getting dressed into an experience where the client can feel good about looking good.
With the vibe of a men’s upscale clothing boutique on Rodeo Drive, glass doors enable the fashionable client to easily peruse his inventory of shoes and apparel, with shirts on the top rack and slacks hanging below. The woolen silk rug and wallpaper on the back wall provides a layer of texture for the shelving, which is illuminated by LED lighting. Metal rods serve to break up the wood décor, while the brass trim on the round custom ottoman and chandelier add a subtle contrast to the space’s linear look.
A black porcelain stone-look surround on the fireplace adds drama.
Previously, there was just an opening off the primary bedroom, but pocket doors were added and the former sitting room was transformed into a dedicated dressing room.
More Closets | Storage Design
- Primary Closets by Angelica Henry
- Design Spotlight: Storage Solutions by Martin Spicuzza, Kevin Cozen, and Diamante Custom Homes
- Design Spotlight: Storage Solutions by Rodger Owen
- Design Spotlight: Storage Solutions by John Cronin
- Design Spotlight: Storage Solutions by Richard Laughlin